Thursday, October 27, 2005

Singles Night at Zero Gravity

View Pictures Here.

Now that my adrenaline has gone down, I can t think clearly and write a blog entry! I had so much fun and did everything they had – so I could have died 5 times over. Thankfully, God kept the rides together!! I cant really say which was my favorite, seeing how I rode all of them in about an hour and a half.

I first did the bungee jump – around the waist, not the ankles. I think next time I’ll do the ankles (yes, there will probably be a next time!). When I was on the ground, the platform didn’t really look like it was 7 stories high. It is a different story once I climbed all the stairs and got up there. Just the 7 stories took my breath away! Then I had to step up to the ledge to jump. At first, I was just going to jump off, not even think about it – just jump! Again, it becomes a different story when you are standing on the edge! After the waiting, the staff guy told me to put my toes on the edge as he put his hand on my back – and he gently pushed me off. And as I went down – screaming of course – I did my rendition of the running man! I guess my body’s natural reaction is to flail – so flail I did! Now, as I apply the bungee to a relationship with Christ, I think about how when you walk with Him, it can be strenuous – and it can really make you work hard. Like climbing the stairs (not that they were really that much work). But even after the hike, you think you’ve been through so much and you think you get time to rest, or you think it is the end of the journey. Think again. You now get to step up to the ledge and He asks you to jump. “Ok God! Anything for you!! I am not even going to think about it – just jump in and follow you Lord:” Funny how our attitudes change as the situation changes. When it is your time to actually leap you say, “are you sure Lord? I don’t know about this. I am scared, I don’t know what is going to happen”. But somehow God gently guides us off the platform and we rely completely on Him. And you know what? It is thrilling when He does that! You learn so much and grow in your relationship with Him in leaps and bounds (no pun intended). So next time God directs you to the ledge, don’t be afraid. Know that He will take care of you. And how do we know that? Because God brought you through trials that brought you here. In Proverbs 4:2 he says “I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching”. Remember that teaching so that you will be prepared for the leap. Proverbs 4:11-13 tells us “I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble. Hold on to instruction; do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life.” So we know when we are led by God to the ledge, it is His way and we can trust Him when we jump.

Next, I did the Nothing but Net (freefall). In this one, they give you a special harness and take you up 16 stories high. They lift you to just below the top of the tower and then release you 100' into a net below. That's right - no bungee, no parachute, just you and the air. Man, I really liked this one too. You totally don’t know what is coming, then BAM! You are falling! This one reminded me of when you are flying along in life and then from no where the bottom just drops out – totally catches by surprise. Sometimes you fall for a little while and sometimes you fall for a long time, but God is always there to catch you.

Then, I did the SkyScraper. It is a big arm that holds 2 people on each end and it spins around at 60mph. The people on the ends also spin in place! I really think this might be one of my favorites. It was a lot of fun!! Smooth ride too! You were suppoesed to feel 4G's, but I dont know if I can attest to that.

Then there was the SkyCoaster. It is just a big swing and I had done it before. Though, on the ride up, I didnt remember it being as tall. It pulls you up 110 feet high, then you pull the rip cord and start flying! Fun, but not my favorite.

Last, there was the Texas Blastoff. I was the most nervous about this one. I dont know why. And I wouldnt have done it, but I got a free ticket for it and it was the only thing I hadnt done. The Texas Blastoff rockets you and a friend straight up 150 feet into the air (like a slingshot) with the speed of a dragster... zero to 70 mph in 1.2 seconds! It twists and turns and flips. It is a lot of fun too!! I lauged in between the screaming! I think this is also a favorite.

All in all we had a great time. Cant wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment