Sunday, October 09, 2005

Meeting of Chapters

For the last two and half years I and the rest of the Singles Department at PPBC have been blessed with the presence, teachings, and generosity of time, energy, resources and food of Tim and Susie Corbett. It has definitely been a great time and blessing to know them. But there comes a time when God tells us to turn the page in our books - one chapter has finished and another will begin; now is that time. This particular meeting of chapters reminds me of a lesson from the study of Genesis.

Genesis 2:8-9
Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 2:15
The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.

God created this wonderful garden for man. Before man existed, God meticulously designed and created a place specific for man - so that man would glorify God and enjoy Him forever. And He created man and placed Him in this garden to cultivate it, nourish it, grow it, take care of it, and enjoy it. God created man to be committed to the Lord and to serve to Lord forever.

I can't help but think about all the ways that Tim and Susie have been committed to the Lord and served Him as He has created and evolved the Singles Ministry at PPBC. And sometimes I can't help but feel as though the Singles, or at least I, have just been sitting on the sidelines - not very committed to the ministry or the Lord. But now, in this new chapter, it is our time to take the shovels, rakes, seeds, nourishment, and trust in Christ - to be committed to the Lord and our service to Him. It is our turn to step up to the plate to cultivate, nourish, grow, take care of, and enjoy the Singles Ministry and the Church that God has created for us. I pray that each one of us would participate and be committed as we enter this time. I pray the Lord would give us direction, provide the people we need, the resources we need, and the things we didn't know we needed - and I pray that we would glorify God as he reveals to us His plan for His ministry.

p.s. I love you Tim and Susie! and can't thank you enough for all that you have provided to me and the others in Singles 1 during your time with us. You have blessed us all beyond what you could imagine. I pray that God provides wonderful times of relaxation, blessing, direction as you continue on His path. Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment