As I was thinking about what to post today I thought about all the event I have planned for the week (and the last week) and on top of it all I have had to pack and move, and now I have to unpack. Most of my unpacking is complete, just 1.5 boxes left, but I still have to hang all my pictures, and yes, I have a lot of pictures. Anywho, it really frustrates me that I don't have time to just rest. Or just focus on getting my apartment together.So I went to BSF tonight and this week's lesson was about Noah and the flood. We all know the story - of how God provided the details on how to build the ark - the length, the height, the depth, the type of wood and the process of manufacturing such a beast. And then how Noah was to fill the ark with all the animals. Man, what a set of tasks. I can only imagine how overwhelmed Noah must have felt - and then on top of it, he did he even know what this rain thing God was talking about, and had he ever seen a body of water large enough for a ark?
I thought about looking up just exactly what I could compare the arc to. Turns out, I could compare it to most of today's ocean-liners. I was just on a ship that carried 5,000 people, but I cant imagine around 75,000 animals on it! Even if some are small spiders that can live in a dark corner.
In our discussion group, my friend, Liz, shared with us how she couldn't comprehend such as task, but how God just fit it all together. How God brought the animals so Noah wouldn't have to run his 600 year old self around to gather the frogs and lizards. And how God gave these dimensions for the ark and He knew that all the animals would fit perfectly - with all the food to feed the animals and Noah's family. Who knows, there might have been room to spare. And how true it is in our life today. We have so many things on our plates, some that God has placed there, and we are so overwhelmed, or run down, or stressed on how we can make it all work - yet, while we worry about it or just give it up to God, He just makes it all fit. We don't understand it, it just works. Funny how when we give ourselves over to God and we don't think it will all fit, we sometimes have time left over as a gift from God. (God, You rock!)
And I was thinking about calling Byron to see if I could get out of an obligation tomorrow, but I am going to let God fit it in - it is an event to glorify Him anyways, so I am sure He'll work it out. And thanks Melanie, for pointing out that God did provide me a new apartment close to work where I can have almost a whole hour at lunch to come home and work on my apartment (or just rest!).
So it's your's God - make my life fit it it's ark.
No comments:
Post a Comment