
We just finished Genesis 3 at BSF and there are so many things that I never realized before. I just thought I would take the time to share them with you too.
First, after the fall, Adam and Eve realized they were naked. Sure, you say, everyone knows that. But I had never really thought about it before. I had thought that they only realized it because there was shame and guilt from the sin - that they now knew what evil was - but I had never thought about the before. Why had they never noticed before sin that they were naked? Some say that they were clothed in light. Light? Otherwise known as God's glory. But when they partook of sin, His glory was removed and they noticed they were naked.
The second thing that stood out to me was when they hid from God (admitting their fear, guilt and shame) and God called out to them saying "Where are you?" We all know that God knew where they were and that they had sinned, but He was calling to them to confront them of their sin. He wasn't abandoning them. He does the same for us. He asks us where we are in our relationship with Him - of course He knows, but do You/I? It helps us to evaluate our relationship and confront our sin. And of course, assures us that God will never abandon us.
I remember when I was younger and my brother and I would get in trouble. My parents would always asks us what happened. We, of course, would blame it on each other or on something else and my parents would say to the one that was less guilty "I'll deal with you later". Can you believe God did that too? He asked Adam, "What happened?" Adam said, "It was that woman you gave me - she made me do it" (Notice the blame on the woman, but also on God - though, I am sure he would have sinned anyway - without the woman!). Then God asked Eve, "What happened?" and Eve said, "Satan tempted me and I gave it - I ate it!" (atleast we women can be honest about this situation and admit to our faults! haha) God then evaluated and handed out judgments accordingly - first to Satan, then to Woman, then to Man. It was like he had said "I'll deal with ya'll in a minute, but Satan, you're first!
And in handing out these judgments for sin, I found it interesting that God only cursed Satan and the Earth. He didn't curse Man or Woman. Why? Curse as defined by dictionary.com means in the Ecclesiastical sense: To put under a ban or an anathema; excommunicate. God excommunicated Satan and the Earth from ever being redeemed. It was the end to them. Praise God that He didn't curse man and woman! And also, to save us, He removed access to the tree of Life. What would have happened if Adam and Eve took part of the Tree of Life after the fall? We would live in sin forever... always being separated from God. That would be like dying without knowing God today. How dreadful! Again, Praise the Lord that God has such a greater plan for us and that He loves us enough to save us from eternity without Him!
So, to sum it up: The devil tempts us to sin, but we can choose to resist the temptation (the sin is in the action - not in the temptation). And Only God can remit sin. Be prepared, be on the offensive. How? Know God's Word. Know His truth. In this, you can recognize temptation and be ready for the battle.
No comments:
Post a Comment