To start off my training, on Monday I ran 3 miles on a treadmill at 24 Hour Fitness.
mile 1 - speed @ 5.3
mile 2 - speed @ 5.7
mile 3 - 2 min intervals (6.0, 4.5, 5.7, 4.6, 5.5)
The third mile was definilty harder mentally, but I made it through.
Then on Tuesday, I ran 2.27 miles.
On Wednesday, I bought the Nike+ Sportband to track my miles and pace while running. So far I like it. I did a test run on Wednesday to see how I would like it and just took it out for a mile. I noticed that the Sportband was reading .2 miles more than the actual miles run - which would mean that it would read an extra two miles for every 10 I run. This is no good when I am finally to the point of running nine to thirteen miles. So I looked up how to calibrate it and did so today.
After my lowerbody workout, I ran 4 miles. Ugh. Not fun, but I made it and am still alive. It was pretty rough because the elevation was up and down! It was a HARD workout. Below is the elevation (in blue) and the speed (in orange). I finished with a half mile walk and then a 20 minute cold shower. It felt good.

Well, I don't know if I would say "run" with you. Maybe...see you at the finish line with a margarita? Ha ha ha.
ReplyDeleteWell done Em!
ReplyDelete