Wednesday, August 27, 2008

If it's not one thing, it's another.

Whew. What an afternoon. Well, really what a week, but this post will only be about one event this afternoon - a nice kink in my day. I was going to mow the front yard today. I knew it needed oil and bought some (yes, the right kind) on the way home today. When I pulled out the mower, I noticed that there was grass caked up underneath where the blade is - because when I mowed last, it started raining while mowing, and the grass was so tall (in the backyard) that it was still a little moist from the last rain. Bad news bears mowing wet grass. So, I turned the mower on its side and was removing all the grass. When I was done, it looked like a horse pooped in my yard.

Then I put in the oil (but apparently the whole bottle is too much) and began mowing. About 50 feet into the mow, the mower started spewing out thick white smoke. I knew this was from burning oil, but I thought it was from turning the mower on its side. Partially, I think it was, but Dad says its also because I put WAY too much oil in. But I didnt talk to Dad until late tonight - so there is more to the story. When I saw the smoke, I turned off the mower cause I knew this wasnt good. I waited until the smoke dissapated, then turned it on again. Thick white smoke right off the bat. Ugh. So I called Dad, no answer (he's on vacation with Jeremy) and called mom. And called Rachael, to ask Steve, but she never answers her phone (yes! thats right!). I also called Tim, but he was probably at church. So I called my old pastor from my hometown. He said too much oil and to pour some out. He said to turn it over to drain it (but I later learned that there is a plug on the bottom of the mower). So I turned it over - this time in the opposite direction than last, cause the last obviosuly wasnt that great.

No oil came out of the hole that it goes in - so I thought "Oh well, I will just try again". So I flipped it back over - and no luck. No mowing today. (I did talk to Dad tonight and he told me what to do - or I can wait for him and he'll be in town on Sunday).

Meanwhile, while being frustrated, I looked through the fence to see Paisley rolling in the yucky, moldy grass that I just scraped out of the mower! NO!!!! So, needless to say, I didnt get the yard mowed and it was replaced with washing the dog.

(if the pictures are tiny, refresh the page)


3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you want to spank her at times like these but she is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this time I didnt really care to kill her - I was just frustrated, but was not suprised as this is how my week has been going. Boo. But now she's clean and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I think Paisley was just getting ready for St. Patty's day!

    ReplyDelete