
So, instead of listening to music, I thought I would just run, and praise the Lord I love as I ran. Below are the things I praised Him for
- Almighty - It is just wonderful that the Lord is almighty and has unlimited power. He has power to overcome all that we cannot do on our own. He has power to control the universe with infinite wisdom. He has power to plan our ways and direct our paths. He has power and controls it.
- Beauty - Just look around! All God's creation is awesome and wonderful, and other than man and sin, all works together with great precision. Such wonderful creativity, ingenious planning and execution, brilliant colors, great design.
- Crown of Authority - Praise that the Lord has authority over all. He has the authority to forgive our sin. The authority to provide salvation to us all.
- Deliverance - Thank the Lord so much that he has the power to deliver us from all our bondage! That there is no sin that can entrap us because the Lord provides deliverance to all those who seek Him.
- Eternal - Thanks to Him who is eternal, never changing, never ceasing.
- Free Will - Thank you Father, that You have provided us with free will. We have the freedom to make choices and are not robotic creation. Thanks that we have the choice to choose life in You or not. Thanks that there is the choice to live in Your perfect will or Your permissive will.
- Guidance - Thanks that He knows the plan that He has for me. Plans to prosper. He has set His way before me and guides me on His path.
- Heaven and Hell (but mostly Heaven) - Thanks that there is an eternity somewhere. A perfect environment. Thanks that I do not have to come live this life on earth again a second time. Most importantly, thanks that I will be in Heaven, among His glory and splendor - in constant praise of Him.
- Individuality - Thanks that God made us each different, with our own personalities and quirks. Thanks that we each have our own talents and abilities. Thanks that we are able to express ourselves each uniquely.
- Joy - Thanks that there is joy in this world though Christ. There is so much sin, hate, and ugliness of the world, that it is such a delight that we can still have joy in Christ. And thanks that I have the freedom to express that joy where I live.
- Kingdom - Thanks that there is a purpose for our lives, that there is a Kingdom to work for and serve in. Thanks that God has given each of His children unique gifts to each serve in a different fashion - but to all honor and build the Kingdom of God.
- Love - Thanks that God has a love for us we will never be able to understand here on this earth. A love greater than the deepest love you could have for anyone. A love so great that He sent His Son to the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. A sacrificial love. A undying love. A love in spite of anything I do.
- M - I don't remember what I praised for M. You could always praise Him for His majesty, magnificence, mightiness.
- Names - Thank You for revealing yourself in all the Names Your names. So many name to explain who you are. Teacher. Healer. Great Physician. Mighty, Strong, Prominent (El). Creator, Preserver. Master, Lord. Shepherd. Judge. Righteous. Holy. Jealous. Redeemer. Deliverer. Shield. Protector. Everlasting God. Wonderful Counselor. Ancient of Days. I AM.
- Openness - Thank you so much that Your throne is open to all who come. Thank you that we can stand before You and approach the throne with confidence. Thank you that your invitation for salvation is open ended, while it is temporary and will only last until Your coming, it is open for all who accept.
- Perseverance - Thank you for your perseverance in pursuit of my heart. Though I wander and fall, am tempted and sin, and though I forsake you - You never forsake me and continue to pursue me.
- Quiet times - Thank you that You aren't in only the "big things" in life - but that You are concerned with the small, intimate details in my life. You come to me in the quiet times and are concerned with me even then.
- Rest and Restoration - Thank you that I can rest in Your arms. Thanks that I can come to you - weary and burdened - and You will take my burdens and provide rest for my soul. Thank you that you will restore my heart and reconcile it to You. Thank you that you will take all my energy and yoke it with your authority and I will find rest in focusing my energy on Your master plan.
- Truth - They say truth is relative. You say truth will stand the test of time. Thank you that you have given us Your truth in your word through the Bible. Thank you that it doesn't change and that it is black and white.
- Unwavering - Thank you that your way is unwavering. There is no guessing where you stand or what I need to do - but that you have set out the path before us - narrow and straight - and that the destination will not change.
- Victory - Thank you that you have already won the battles. Thanks that I can claim that victory though Christ and that I have hope and strength as I endure life.
- Way - Thank you that You provided the road to salvation. That You sent Your son to the cross to pay the penalty for my sin - every one's sin - and that believing in Christ, that He is the atonement for sin, and confessing with our mouths that He is Lord of our lives, we can receive the free gift of salvation. Thank you that the way is free - that we don't have to do anything to attain salvation - just belief in Christ and having Him be Lord of our lives.
- X - not sure about X but if you turn it sideways, it is the Cross
- Y - I actually think I forgot Y
- Z - Wasn't sure - so I thanked Him for Zebras - they are a pretty cool animal.
My run was quite nice - still around a 12 minute mile. I thought about turning in early, but I was only on M (which I cant remember - so I may have actually been thinking about something else) and I wanted to finish the whole alphabet - so I kept running. I had the thought that perhaps when I do the 13.1 miles, I may commit to 13 things to pray for - and for each of the miles, I will pray for a topic. And the last .1 miles I will praise Him that He brought me through the race without keeling over!
No comments:
Post a Comment