Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Train for 5K

Chancy, a coworker, has tried to encourage me to train for a 5K run. I like the idea, but the discipline to actually do the work is proving difficult for me. When I do run the schedule, it isn't bad. I am going to Bally's to run today since it will be dark by the time I get home (I am going to a informational meeting about Lasik today!). CLICK HERE FOR THE SCHEDULE I started on about week 4... and still there.

I think my indiscipline stems from lack of motivation. What is supposed to motivate me (to train and to lose some weight)?

Feel free to post any motivators in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it doesn't get any easier when you're my age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I will say that while it isnt hardcore training, Chancy and I have been walking during our lunch hour.... and not a measly stroll, but at a nice brisk pace... about 2.5 miles in 40 mins.. so what is that? like 3.5mph? It's a start.

    ReplyDelete