I wasn't at BSF last week, but I read a little about the lecture from Melanie's blog. However, this week was really just a continuance of last week since it is the same chapter of Romans - that would be chapter 6 about death to sin and life in Christ.
I read in Melanie's blog that one of the thing they talked about - especially with the thanksgiving week, to really be thankful for your salvation. Not just that you are saved from eternal separation from Christ, but that you are saved from what your life would have been if you didn't turn to the Lord. I can't even imagine how many different roads my life might have taken if I had kept my back to God. For this I am thankful; my life now, even though it isn't perfect (and won't be here on Earth). And I am most thankful that the Lord continues to pursue me and my heart even when I don't pursue Him. I didn't pursue Him down many years of my life, and I find myself today just walking the walk, but not really pursuing Him. I want to, but I just feel so separated.
That is where I tie in the second part of Romans 6 from BSF. Paul is telling the Romans not to let sin reign in your body. Don't offer any part of your body to sin. This means ALL parts - eyes, ears, tounge, hands, feet - everything! Instead, we are to use our body as instruments for Christ. But watch out! NOT offering your body at all is just as bad as offering your body to sin. That is where I am trapped. Not that I don't offer my body to sin - we all do (watching/listening/saying/doing things we shouldn't). But I am in such a pattern of stagnence that it just allows me to more easily participate in the sin that keeps me from having a working relationship with Christ. So how do I get to this wholehearted obedience to Christ? I have been set free from sin yet I continue to choose to let it master me. As a Christian, it is really all or nothing - I cannot be a slave to sin and to righteousness. So why do I choose to be a slave to sin?
No comments:
Post a Comment