
Whats with the decrease? I should be increasing!! I only ran half as many miles in September as I did in August! I need to pick up the pace. Good thing though, Rachael and I went on a run tonight. Sadly, though, we haven't really run since our last run on 9/21. There was a short run between now and then, but it was with Paisley, and she can only last about 2 miles right now. Its hard to run at a good pace while you are dragging a dog along.
Tonight's run was good. Our average pace ended up at 10'56" which isn't too great, but a) we havent run since 9/21 and b) we really ran faster - mostly between 9'00" and 10'30" but I was dying so we took more walk breaks. Also, when I get bored with just running, we tend to run fartleks toward the end of the run. 100 paces at a faster speed than normal, and 20-30 paces of recovery. Our recovery needs to be at a faster pace though. Here is the effort chart for tonight's run:
So, for October - the goal is to run a whole lot more! So I joined a challenge at nikeplus.com - 100 miles in October! Whew thats a lot. But look at it this way: that's about 5 miles a day for 20 days. That's not too bad - I did 4.8 tonight and our weekend runs are usually longer. I think this is do-able!
No comments:
Post a Comment