Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Oh What a Night

It all started when I got home from class last night and decided to go for a quick 2 mile run with Paisley to release some of her energy from being locked up in the house all day. I went out on the back porch and noticed my motion sensor light was out. This sort of freaked me out because I thought it was odd and wondered if someone had cut it so they wouldn't be seen in my backyard (not that anyone would be looking). So I decided to lock the back door and leave from the front door - where I could return to a lit porch. Off I went and back I came; everything was okay.

I uploaded my class notes to the web from my new Livescribe SmartPen (which so far, I love) to share with my classmates. Then it was so nice outside, I opened the windows in both spare bedrooms and two of the windows in my bedroom and was off to bed. So far, so good. It wasn't until 4:58am that it started. I was startled awake to a crash and a growl - Paisley had just busted through the bedroom window to the backyard (which I didn't think she'd do since the nightstand was in front of the window - but she proved me wrong). I was so startled, and must have been dreaming about my brother (though I don't remember that dream) that I shot up in my bed and yelled "Jeremy!" closely followed (like it was one word) by "Paisley!" - because the moment Jeremy came out of my mouth I thought "that's not her name". When you are in such a deep sleep and are startled awake - it hurts your head! I think I might have a slight headache all day. I looked at the clock to see what time it was (because even when it's time to get up, it's still really dark outside - I was hoping it was just time to get up) - 4:58am. Bummer.

So I went to the backdoor to let the dog in though the proper entry/exit. Of course, she didn't come to the door, which made me think somehow she got out to the front yard, which I wouldn't be too pleased about. I went back to the window - told her she was a bad dog some - then had her climb back through the window. I then lowered the window to just a crack.

Of course, when I went back to bed, I started thinking about the noise I heard, the growl, which struck me as an odd sound - I don't think it sounded like her normal growl. And I tried to think of what she must have gone after. What if it were a person. What if she was protecting the house. That was not a pleasant thought to think before returning to sleep.

From 5am - 7am, nothing but bad dreams about people watching me in my house and breaking into my house. For instance, I had a dream:

The Sears A/C man (which is odd because I didn't use Sears to fix my A/C) showed up to my house in the wee hours of the morning while it was still dark outside. I saw his feet cross my front patio and heard the doorbell ring, but laid in bed hoping he would think I wasn't there or was still asleep. He then proceeded to yell at me to tell me we needed to talk about my A/C because it was only running every so many minutes (cant remember what he said - but it was obviously unacceptable to him) and that he needed to check it. And I thought, "Yeah I know, that's cause it's OFF! because my windows are OPEN!" In my dream, I went back to sleep and when I got up and started moving about, I saw the A/C man's van was still outside my house! He then leaned down and knocked on my bedroom window and said we had to talk. "Fine." I thought. So I went to the front door, sure to step outside and not let him in my house. He handed me a canvas tote that I own and said it was outside and that I might want to take it in. But I knew full well that that tote had been sitting at the end of my bed for at least a few weeks. He had been in my house!

Totally Freaked out now. I know I had some other dreams about the A/C guy and other people lurking outside my house. And I had the thought that maybe I should get a gun for safety. Then I woke up and realized it was 7am. Dang it! I'm late!

Oh what a night (or early morning, that is)

2 comments:

  1. That is scary! I can't picture you with a gun, but I hope you have an alarm at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve read your blog post of the Pulse smartpen and wanted to share some new commercial and demo videos that we just uploaded to the Livescribe YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/nevermissaword

    From now until 12/31/08, you can get 5% off a Pulse smartpen at www.livescribe.com by using SCRIBE5A50 at checkout. Thanks, and enjoy the videos!

    ReplyDelete