Friday, September 12, 2008

RUDE!

I took Paisley to Day Camp at the Southlake PetsMart today. This was for 2 reasons: so she could play with some other dogs and not sleep all day at home, but mostly because I am driving home today and it is easier and faster to go from work than home at 5pm.

While I was filling out the paperwork to update her info, I was having a nice conversation with the guy behind the counter that was helping me. We were talking about Paisley's breed and her color. When I got her from the Humane Society, they said she was a collie mix. My vet confirmed Border Collie mix. I looked online some to check it out - and found a website that has a dog that looks just like Paisley - so maybe she'll full Border Collie. I dont really care one way or another - I love her regardless. However, today, there was apparently a lady in the office behind the desk that thought otherwise. While I was filling out the papers, I didnt notice her leave the office to get what was apparently her end all be all book of dogs. She opened it to the border collie and the following conversation took place:

Her: This is a border collie - black and white - see.
Me: There are other colors - and I have heard that P's color comes from europe somewhere - england I think.
Her: Where did you get her?
Me: The humane society
Her: What did they say she was?
Me: they said border collie (even though, they really said collie mix)
Her (very curtly): I dont think she;s a border collie.

RUDE! I am offended.
Well, I'll show her. My dog has the recessive yellow gene, otherwise known as Austrailian Red, even if she isnt full blood. And, by the way, border collies come in at least 12 colors and at least 3 pattern types and can also be smooth coated not the "regular" fluffy border collie.

What do you think?
Here is a picture of Paisley:
Here are a couple pictures from the BC Meuseum website:

6 comments:

  1. What is her deal? I think Paisley is awesome and definitely a Border Collie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paisley is beautiful!

    I had a black and white border collie when I was growing up. His name was Sparky and he was the best dog I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paisley is way more beautiful than that example dog that you have up! She's just a sweetie and that lady has some "I need-to-be-right issues". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Sara, I am afraid P's mother also has some "I need to be right" issues - I took the lady some documentation to add to her "book"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was searching through google for pictures of other yellow/australian red border collies and came across your blog. That argument you had with the women at the pet store has happened to me on several occasions. My girl, Lacy,is beautiful just like yours! I'd love to send and receive pictures sometime if you're interested. They look very similar and mine is super smart too! Let me know if you're interested...
    ~Allyson (abkeyser@uncg.edu)

    ReplyDelete
  6. they're called Lime Border Collies, and they look just like yours!
    They're rare, but do exist. Besides, like you said they come in all sorts of colors, even merles like the aussies...some people are just plain rude! :)

    ReplyDelete