Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wait! I need directions!

Tonight the girls from work (Rachael, Tracy, Chancy and myself) went to III Forks for Restraunt Week and our girls night out. The food was so yummy and the company was wonderful. At the end of our two hour dinner, we were all ready to be rolled out. I definitly did not stay in my comfort zone for eating - I was stuffed! (and yes, I did unzip my dress on the way home).

Rachael and I rode together from work. It was about 8:45pm as we neared the office when we were flagged down by a truck driver who needed directions. I think he stopped me and I was half out in the street on a green light that turned red and then cars were having to avoid me - nice. He was saying something about 121 and Freeport and asking where a street was, which we hadn't heard of so we just told him to keep going down Freeport. Half way down the street to the office, Rachael mentioned that he said 121 and Freeport - and we are at 635 and Freeport - and we think he got on Freeport at 114. I then realized where he needed to be and it wasn't in our neighborhood, so I swerved around to go back and send him in the correct direction. After explaining the directions I dont know how many times, he said thanks and was so insistant on giving us a gift. We insisted he didnt need to. He was insistent and asked if we liked DVDs and music - and said something about Tropic Thunder. I got back in the car as he went to his truck - and Rachael and I were cracking up that he was giving us pirated media! I really tried to get Rachael to get a picture with him for the blog but she wouldnt. It would have been really funny! Bummer. He brought back some items and said that he must have already given away the Tropic Thunder dvd - so he gave us The Sweetest Thing and a Toby Keith cd - both obviously burned. Rachael is insistant I keep them so that when they play in the dvd player the SWAT team comes to my house and arrests me instead of her. She's funny. We got a good laugh out of it and burned just enough calories from laughing to not make us so stuffed from dinner.

Good Times.

2 comments:

  1. This is so funny ... I can't believe that Rach wouldn't take a picture with him. I am so sorry I missed dinner... I hoped you ate some for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. All I can see in my head is a movie I watched once about a serial killer who was a truck driver. You are nicer than me. I wouldn't have stopped. There is no telling what he was going back to the truck for. In my head, I see him coming back with a white cloth, neatly folded, that has something on it that makes you go to sleep. Ok, enough for my creepy dreams.

    ReplyDelete