I have started to read A Place of Quiet Rest by Nancy Leigh DeMoss with my mentor from the PPBC Women's Ministry. So far, I have only read the first chapter, but I thought I would go ahead and give some thoughts. The first chapter talks about how Jesus' life on Earth wasn't much different than our hectic lives. It uses Mark 1:21-39 to explain. It's funny how you read the Bible your whole life and little things don't dawn on you... like with the first chapter, I never really thought about how busy Jesus was or that he withdrew to spend (purposefully) time with God. I guess I just always imagined that since He is God, that it was just natural to Him. And I never really thought about how busy and interrupted His life was and how he had to precisely carve time out of his life to spend with God. I know that the Lord knows all our struggles because He himself has been tempted in the same way, but I guess I just never really thought of this example in this perspective. I like this new perspective of how Jesus spent time with the Lord. It gives me a great example (as always) and encouragement that I can do the same. On to chapter 2...
No comments:
Post a Comment