Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back from Hiatus?

It has been quite a while since I have written a blog. I don't know that there is any specific reason other than just not sitting down and blogging. So, I thought I would update and bring you up to speed on everything that has happened in the last couple months.

June:
I finally moved into the new house! I am pretty much unpacked except for boxes that belong to the master bathroom - since I haven't finished it yet - and a few miscellaneous boxes. I still have some decorating to do, but at least I am all moved in and enjoying the new house. New things to learn: how to have a green thumb.

I completely moved out of the apartment. And I actually got some money back from my deposit! Thank you God!!

July:
For the 4th, I didn't see any fireworks, but I did end up going to a drive in movie. 2 moves for $6 - not bad. There was a nice breeze and it ended up being a cool night, so that was nice. I think I'll go back again - and I can take Paisley!

For quite a while, the Lord has placed on my heart that it's time for me to leave Plymouth Park - that He has something else in store for me. I was going to leave a while ago, but while working in the college department, our Sunday School teacher left, so I felt as though I should stay and help with the transition (but I was sure not to take on ant serious responsibility because I knew I would be leaving). God has really been speaking to my heart in the last month or so because I have gotten to the point where I really dread going to church, and that is not a good place to be. Not only does it hinder my relationships at church, my desire to be there, and my performance as a leader in the college department, but it dives to the core of my being and my relationship with God. I feel like it has become non-existent, and I really HATE that feeling.

Rachael had invited me to the lake a few Sundays ago, and I had let Billy and Robin know that I wouldn't be at church, but then I forgot that the cable guy was coming that afternoon (yes, they work on Sundays!). So I took the opportunity to visit a new church and went to Compass Christian in Colleyville. That Sunday, the young adults - college/career bible study class wasn't meeting, so I just went to the worship service. The pastor, Drew Sherman, spoke about engaging yourself in meaningful relationships and it really close to home. Things he spoke about are exactly what I desire to have in my life right now - especially at church. The sermon just solidified that God is moving me somewhere new and it is time to go. Then, the next Sunday, I went to PPBC for Sunday School and then went to FBC-Irving for worship. Again, I could hear God speaking directly to me through the pastor. They are doing a series about knowing God - not just knowing about Him, but really knowing who He is on a personal level. Last Sunday, the pastor spoke about how knowing God is following Him through all the tough times in life. It's easy to just sit back and relax, but obeying God's command on your life through all seasons really takes your relationship with Him to a deeper, more personal level. Again, I could hear God telling me - Go Now!

So this week, I sent Robin an email to let them know that I would be leaving a few weeks early (I don't really do anything anyway). I never heard back from her, but I went back to Compass Christian this week. The young adults bible study was meeting this morning, so I got to go to that. It was good - a little small this week, but they said some people were gone this week for youth camp. They also meet on Wednesday nights to discuss books of the Bible. This week is 1 Thessalonians. I have had schedule conflicts on the last few Wednesdays, but I think I may get to go this week. They said it is a good sized and diverse group - so I'll have an update for you later on that.

Random note - Jamie (one of my college roommates) was in town this weekend and brought the family over to see the house. In conversation, I found out that Compass (formerly Highland Meadows Christian) is where they grew up going to church! And her parents still go there - so I sat with them this week.

I don't know where God is leading me to settle in a new church, but just these last few weeks in new environments, I feel so refreshed and reconnected to God - and I LOVE that feeling. I look forward to seeing what God is going to do in my life and where He is going to use me.

Also in July, Rachael and I started the 100 pushup challenge and I need to start training for the Inaugural RockNRoll (half) marathon in November in San Antonio as well as the White Rock (half) Marathon in December.

Saturday, we (Rachael, Chancy, and myself) had a girls night - Movie and a dinner. We saw Mamma Mia! and ate dinner at the Macaroni Grill. The movie was ok - they could have picked someone other than Peirce Brosnan. Don't get me wrong, he looks good, but he can't sing! It was a good time for the girls. We decided to do a girls trip next year - so that will be fun and something new to look forward to.

So - that is the update! Sorry it was long, but it was a long hiatus! I will try to be more diligent about keeping the blog updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment