Monday, April 10, 2006

Shield of Faith

In one of Beth Moore's studies, she mentioned that when we feel we are being attacked to think about the 5-statement Shield of Faith and figure out which one(s) are being attacked. Then having faith in God to overcome the trouble.

My Shield of Faith:
1. God is who He says He is.
2. God can do what He says He can do (AMEN!!)
3. I am who God says I am
4. I can do all things through Christ (AMEN!!)
5. God's word is alive and active in me

Today at work I really screwed up a report that went out to some major people and 3 national customers. It wasn't long after it was published that the errors were brought to my attention, corrected, and republished- but boy my boss wasn't that happy. I know I am not perfect - but not getting the report right really gets to me. I couldn't help feeling horrible - like a failure - because it wasn't right the first time. I thought about my shield of faith - and decided I was being attacked on points 3 and 4.

I am who God says I am. He says I am a victor! (Psalm 18:35) He says I am Abraham's seed and I am an heir to the promise. (Galatians 3:26-29) and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13) So why should I believe this lie that has been planted that I am a failure? After correcting the work (and double checking it), I went to lunch and as I drove I remembered my shield of faith. I prayed to the Lord that I would be strengthened by these promises and that I would overcome this - and you know what - the Lord is faithful. I know it seems like a small thing (unless you are a perfectionist - then you know it doesn't seem to be - even though it really is) but the Lord used it to draw me closer to Him today. He used it to build my faith and reliance on Him - and for that, I am more than thankful! What a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment