Thursday, February 23, 2006

Lingering

In the first Psalm, David talks about a man who is blessed because he doesn't walk in the counsel of the wicked, stand in the way of sinners, or sit in the seat of mockers. Did you notice how there is a gradual process of sin there? Walk, stand, then sit. Man, lately I have been so unmotivated (as you can probably tell) . I don't think that I am sitting in this stagnance yet, but I definitely feel like I am standing - looking for the way out and maybe a bit of the "now what was I doing?" thought that I get sometimes.

Further in Psalm 1 it gives us some direction to keep from this process of sin. David tells us to delight in the Lord and meditate on his Words night and day. This will plant us like a tree - having a root system in something that is grounded. Having our roots in something that will nourish us, and refresh us with the living stream that runs near it. You will begin to bear fruit and when grounded in His truth, you will not wither with the seasons of life. Man, I feel like my leaves are withering.

This week I have committed myself to spend time in His Word daily - and to meditate on what He teaches me each time I meet with Him. I know this will make my roots grab hold of His truth and be nourished. Then maybe I will move out from my unmotivated season. (and then you'll see me post more!)

This road is winding, narrow and steep, and I cant keep walking with frozen feet. My spirit is not willing, my heart is cold as ice, thaw out my convictions. Passion's left my life. And I don't want to be a flame, I want to be a raging fire. Tired of my will - my way. And I know it's time I stopped running from the truth, so I stand here still until I filled - I want to be moved by You.
(Excerpt from "I Want to be Moved" by Ginny Owens)

How many days, Lord, have I walked in this wilderness? A thirsty pilgrim with no water to drink and this barren place is making me crazy - in my desperation I am forced to think. Seems like I have spent so much time searching In a dry and weary land where there's no truth. But I think I'm finally realizing, that my only hope of water is the well that comes from You. Oh God, You are my God, And my spirit seeks You, but my flesh has failed You time and time again. And now I've chosen this desert when Your love was waiting, but Your stubborn child longs to understand. So I'll not waste another minute searching in a dry and weary land where there's no truth, 'cause I think I'm finally realizing that my only hope of water is thewell that comes from You, so rain down Your love upon me pour out Your mercy on me. Please won't You take me to Your springs of life, 'cause I'm dying for deliverance, only You can save me, I'm waiting, won't You take me, To Your springs of life.
("Springs of Life" by Ginny Owens)

2 comments:

  1. wow, what an encouraging post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging post!

    ReplyDelete