Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Incomprehensible

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

(Hebrews 4:15-16)

How does it make me feel to know that Jesus can sympathize with my EVERY weakness? Honestly, while I know it is true, it is pretty incomprehensible. I mean EVERY temptation?? Does that mean that Christ was tempted way more than I ever will be (and sometimes my temptations can be pretty fierce)? Or is God speaking in generalizations? But our God is not a general God! He loves the details! Which leads me to believe that I cannot understand the load my God bore. When my life seems hard to handle, Christ had it worse. Not only did he bear all my temptations (and not sin by the way - way cool!) but he bore all mine PLUS the temptations that my neighbor has - and my friends have - that are not the same as mine! For the entire world! I think that gets to be like counting the hairs on my head - multiplied by how many heads?

Lord, what an awesome God You are! I don't understand why you carried my temptations and took my sins to the Cross, but I am ever thankful You did! How silly of me to think that my life is hard when You dealt with so much more and never even succumbed to the temptations. Lord, I want to be like that. I want to be able to stand firm. Teach me Lord, how to bear all that life brings me and to come out in victory through you! Teach me to come to You with ALL my struggles. I love you Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, So I got these verses in another time of study - so He really must be trying to teach me! This time, it came with Hebrews 2:18 and Hebrews 6:17-20, which was also encouraging.

    ReplyDelete