Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's Official.

I signed up for a FULL MARATHON!  (and I am crazy) Paid my entry and everything.  Less talking, more doing! It is 22 weeks away - on June 6 in San Diego, CA.  The Rock 'n Roll Marathon.  I am excited about it, but of course still a little nervous.  I read "The Nonrunner's Marathon Guide for Women: Get Off Your Butt and On with Your Training" over the Christmas holiday though it didnt really tell much I didn't already know.  It was a good read.  Enjoyable. I have been entertaining the idea of actually running a FULL marathon.  So here I am, signed up and ready to go... get my training on.

22 weeks away!  Most training plans are 16 weeks, and only train you to 21 or so miles.  Like the author of the aforementioned book, it doesnt really make sense.  But the extra 5 weeks gives me a chance to at least run 25 miles in a row.  That seems better than 21. (and that sentence just isn't right... 25 miles sounds better than 21?  I really am crazy.)

So next time you see me, feel free to ask how my training is going!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Emily! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aria! I am excited... if that's what you call it. I think...

    Are you still running? I am also signed up for the Rock 'n Roll half in Dallas in March!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That is HUGE! Good for you Emily! Keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete