Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cozumel Vacation - Post 3

Day Two (cont'd)
Not really much else to report for Day Two. I slept literally all afternoon. We got up around 6pm, showered, and went to dinner at Casa Mission. We werent really dressed for the occasion, but we didnt know. Food was good. Seafood... and of course, guacamole as an appetizer. Flan for dessert. Then we came back to the hotel, I watched the Hills (I know, I know) on the internet and then went to bed.

Day Three
Up early again this morning for more diving. Today it was Palancar Bricks and Tormentos in the morning. The first was a few swim-throughs and coral columns. I am really saddened that the reefs havent really recovered from Hurricane Wilma a few years ago. The reefs are still covered with sand and the famous Cozumel reefs are missing the color they once had. We havent really seen the sea life we once did either. No eels on our morning dives. Boo. Below are some pics. I didnt get to buy a red filter yesterday, but I used Mom's. Some of the pics are a little better, but I didnt take too many on this trip.

Lunch was Nachos and yes, guacamole. Love the stuff! Then I read some of Marley & Me by the pool (yes Rachael, I am finally reading it! and will return it soon!). We also watched What Women Want on TV as we waited for our next dive.

Tonight we did a night dive on Paradise Reef. There were too many other divers on the reef, but other than that it was a great dive. Oh, and the fact that my dive light died, but everyone else's light was enough. I got some GREAT shots on the night dive (night dives are always better for photography). Saw too many octupi to count. Some some sort of lobster - I forgot what he called them, but they look like humongus prehistoric cockroaches. Saw a spotted eel, a drum fish, a few crab, a flamingo tounge, and fish of course. Oh, and a toadfish. Oh, and a nurse shark. I really enjoy night dives!








1 comment:

  1. I found your travel/vacation blog very informative!!!
    If you are planing Vacation trip or looking for Vacation advice, vacation articles, great vacation homes worldwide by owners check in: Holidayhomes.ca Holiday cottage Canada
    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete