I have decided to make a working list of things that I love - and I have decided to break them into different sections to make it easier to read - and to update.
SOUNDS
1. Water - rushing rapids, rythmic ocean or babbling brook - it's all nice
2. Thunderstorms
SMELLS
1. The smell of the woodsy outdoors
2. Sharpie Markers
3. Fresh cut grass
4. Rain
5. Blown out candle smoke
6. Campfire smoke
7. Blown out matches
8. A cake baking in the oven
9. The laundry detergent aisle at the store
SIGHTS
1. An old couple in love
2. Rainbows (real ones in the sky - not just any rainbows)
3. Lightening
4. A clean apartment (or whatever living space I have at the time - too bad I dont see this one much!)
5. When the moon sits low in the sky and looks huge - esp when it has a reddish or orangish tone.
TASTES
1. Roasted Marshmallows
2. Burnt Cheese (I know, call me weird, but I am not the only one! And when I say burnt cheese I am talking about cheese that is baked in/on something that burns to the edges of the pan... yummy!)
3. Cookie dough
4. Cake (especially from Costco!)
5. Cakemix IceCream from Carvel
FEELINGS (touch)
1. Down comforters, pillows, blankets, mattresses
2. Paisley's fur
FEELINGS (emotions)
1. Butterflies in the stomach
2. The relaxed, refreshed, healthy, good feeling after working out
3. Satisfaction of accomplishment
4. Joy of connecting with God
I'd add the smell of cooking onions- reminds me of home. Mom always cooked with onions.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the happy thoughts, Emily!