Wednesday, June 11, 2008

(More than) 100 Things

100 things to do before I die (in no particular order)

  1. Scuba Dive the Great Barrier Reef
  2. Scuba Dive in the Indian Ocean
  3. Get Married
  4. Have a family
  5. Buy a house 3/26/2008
  6. Get my dog to be a registered therapy dog 12/23/2007- We passed!!
  7. Go to Greece
  8. Learn Italian
  9. Learn to play the Guitar
  10. Learn to play the trumpet
  11. Take Piano lessons again
  12. Run a half marathon (on purpose - and actually run it) 4/6/2008 - even though I didnt think I could run it from tendonitis injury, jogged it in 2:52
  13. Learn how to Waltz 9/20/07 - Really liked the Waltz!!
  14. Learn how to Tango
  15. Learn to SwingDance 9/27/07 - not our favorite
  16. Enjoy a full day at the spa
  17. Pay off my car
  18. Get a masters degree
  19. Go backpacking again
  20. Learn to drive a motorcyle
  21. Teach my dog fly-ball
  22. Teach my dog agility tricks/skills
  23. Teach my dog to fetch outside
  24. Take a photography course
  25. Have a darkroom
  26. Own a digital SLR
  27. Actually be a supervisor of someone (or a whole team!)
  28. Own a horse
  29. Take more computer programming classes
  30. Teach a class
  31. Read the entire Bible
  32. Go spelunking
  33. Take a cooking class
  34. Learn how to make sushi
  35. Take a wine tasting class
  36. Go back to Italy
  37. Go skydiving
  38. Go to Ireland
  39. Go to Switzerland
  40. Own my own business
  41. Have more than 3 weeks of vacation time
  42. Get certified for Wreck Diving
  43. Get certified for Cave Diving
  44. Be a scuba diving instructor
  45. Go to the Grand Canyon
  46. Own a boat
  47. Go to Australia
  48. Have a garden
  49. Get electrolysis
  50. Own land
  51. Have a vacation home
  52. Beat a video game by myself (no help from people or cheats)
  53. Own a film SLR camera for my darkroom (Rachael)
  54. Get Lasik done
  55. Visit all 50 states
  56. Retire Early
  57. Write a song
  58. Climb a mountain
  59. Conquer the mountain bike - with clips
  60. Memorize more Scripture
  61. Learn the Foxtrot 9/13/2007
  62. Learn to ChaCha 10/11/2007
  63. Meet my weight goal
  64. Live debt free
  65. Dive with sharks
  66. Have a much larger and more well organized closet
  67. Complete all eight BSF studies
  68. Visit South America
  69. Get a pilot's licence
  70. Get another tattoo (and then that's it!)
  71. Hire a maid
  72. Host a dinner party
  73. Spend an extended time in the Caribbean (longer than a week)
  74. Island hop in the Caribbean on a sailboat (more like a yacht)
  75. Live in the Caribbean
  76. Have a job where I don't sit at a desk
  77. Get and keep at least $1mm in the bank
  78. Set up trusts for my family like Grandad did
  79. Take my family on vacation like Grandad did
  80. Have a better relationship with my dad
  81. Have a better relationship with my brother
  82. See Sara get married
  83. See Melanie get married
  84. See Jeremy get married 01/23/2010
  85. Take a flower arrangement class
  86. Learn to get up early
  87. Have season tickets to the symphony
  88. Own a fenced yard and a doggie door 03/26/2008
  89. Go to OSU homecoming again
  90. Spiritually influence someones life
  91. Go to Germany
  92. Go to Isreal 03/16/2010 - 03/26/2010
  93. Always be able to afford a personal trainer
  94. Go to the horse races
  95. Go to Fiji
  96. Be a member of the audience in a TV show (inspired by someone else)
  97. Get to know my neighbors (inspired by someone else)
  98. Be someone's mentor (inspired by someone else)
  99. Drive the Autobahn (inspired by someone else)
  100. See the history of the Holocaust (concentration camps, meusems, etc) 03/18/2010
  101. Invent something useful and patent it (inspired by someone else)
  102. Solve a Rubik's Cube (inspired by someone else) 01/08/2008 - even though Dollar says it doesnt count because I "cheated" by using the instructions, but it still took me forever and tons of do-overs. I am okay with mediocity in the Rubik's Cube department
  103. Fly First Class
  104. Eat a cupcake from Sprinkles 10/21/2007
  105. Run a half marathon in under 2:30
  106. Complete a marathon
... and after I die, hear "Well done, Good and Faithful Servant".

6 comments:

  1. Did you stop listing because you ran out of stuff or just didn't have time to finish it? I might borrow this idea if you don't mind. But if you go back to Italy, I really want to go on a cruise to Italy some day so lets do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped listing cause I am still trying to think of more things to do. Listing 100 things makes you get really specific - you cant just put "Learn to dance", "Travel" cause then you will never make it to 100... try it! you'll see how hard it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw the work in progress comment. why don't you put some of the things you want to see in the places that you want to travel to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM NOT GETTING MARRIED! So you might want to add to the list: learning how to deal with disappointment. mmmwwwhahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay - I admit - some of the last few were "inspired" by other resources... but I really would like to do them!

    ReplyDelete