We've been doing this study about exploring your spiritual maturity in our Singles group at Church and a topic that often surfaces is worry. Of course, that was a lesson one week but it seems like we talk about it every other week.
Anyway, I don't worry. I have said that it is a bit annoying to me when people worry - and I am not sure if that annoyance is distinguishable between the petty worries or grand worries - but a worry is a worry. I know it is probably easier said that done - but why worry about even the great things like "I don't have a job" or "The doctor just told me... ".
I have always just explained it that I know God is in control so why should I worry - and that is true. But on my way to check up on Melanie's dog at lunch, I was listening to a Christian Radio station and heard it said best (I cant figure out what I was listening to - I am trying to find it on the web and if I do, I'll let you know) This guy Chip (I think his name was) said "I Refuse to worry! So life is spinning out of control - so we've been going to counseling and our marriage still isn't working - so my retirement is spent - I REFUSE TO WORRY. God is sovereign. He knows what He is doing. I don't understand what is going on, why things are happening- but I am not supposed to know! But I do know that God does and He is orchestrating something grander than I could imagine. As long as I have faith in the fact that God is sovereign and can and will take care of me - I refuse to worry." YES YES!! This is what I believe! I couldn't have said it better myself (because I didn't!). God is my hope and peace. How else am I supposed to explain it?
Man, I wish I could figure out who that was I was listening to. It went to commercial and gave an ad for some AW Tozer books(Knowledge of the Holy and Attributes of God) that the lesson was based off of. Maybe I'll check it out.
FOLLOWUP:
I found it! Chip Ingram is his name. The station was 100.7 the Word and the ministry is "Living on the Edge" This particular lesson was "The Sovereignty of God part 1"


No comments:
Post a Comment